I’m up late. There are days (nights really) that this all seems so much… I can see the light and so I press on. But there is just so much to do. Teaching is very different from the vision people outside of the school walls see.
We work a lot of extra hours during the school year…it wouldbe hard to keep track because teachers grade papers, do paperwork, read up on curriculum or background info, create materials EVERYWHERE!
I am so thankful for my laptop and my colour nook….and cellphone. They keep me together.
My cell phone? It takes pictures of student work when I want to capture an observation of quality work or maybe evidence of possible learning gaps. Quick..snap…gotcha…upload…!
My laptop…well…it’staking my desk and ability to create everywhere! And I do mean everywhere…. My school has given me a PC, but I always end up on my MAC.
· the mall
· Starbucks (my favourite)
· in the car as my teen learns to drive (should I be watching the road here? ugh)
· drives to wherever (my husband is used it now)
· in the mall parking lot (when I tell my husband I’m shopping but really I’mworking…shhhh!)
· at lunch breaks during training
· soccer games (yes…I am not proud of that but I SWEAR it’s only during ½ time)
· soccer practice
· at home (of course)
· by the pool (ok this is really my favourite!)
· in the car waiting for my husband who is shopping (I’ve done it)
· on vacation or a trip (yes….yes…but only when my family is getting ready to sleep and don’t notice).
· pretty much any where…
|from Barnes and Noble
And now I have my COLOUR NOOK!!!
So now I can take my reading EVERYWHERE without dropping it all over the ground, getting it wrinkled, losing that 1 page or 2.
I can take notes on most of my PDFs.
So I am reviewing…
· science standards and curriculum guidelines
· teaching and learning strategies for K-2
· The new state gifted framework
· New national gifted standards
· New gifted district policies (you get the picture)
· PGP research
· the 5 E’s (did you know there are 7 now)
· PBIL homework
· OK…ANYTHING someone sends me digitally or paper copy and I can find in a PDF that I have to read is on my NOOK.
What’s on your nook and where do you do your work?
I love my Nook and my Mac?
I’m thinking of upgrading my phone.
Any recommendations? I’m thinking of the Apple IPhone but what about the Smart Phones? I really need a decent camera and I’d like the ability to Skype for my online PLCs or site in on some blackboard or other webinars?
Hope you had a good Wednesday!